Thursday, March 12, 2009

Observations on my fourth week of ministry.
I am almost done with my fourth week of ministry at Chain of Lakes New church. These are my observations so far.
  • I am very pleased with the core group that David Lidle and John Ivers organized. The group is very committed to building a strong community of faith. I've enjoyed getting to learn their faith stories and sharing my story with them.
  • I love the office that the Church Development Team has provided me
  • I'm learning about developing a small group. Our core group has been meeting on Wednesday evenings--last night we met for the third time. We are watching the video series done by Philip Yancey--"The Jesus I Never Knew." For some of the core group this is the first time we've seriously studied Jesus.
  • It's a joy to pray together as a group.
  • It's a joy to get to know the children of our group.
  • It's a joy to do ministry.
  • I'm very thankful that my Amy & Hannah have been supportive of me.
  • I can't wait to see what our Marketing group comes up with tonight

No comments: