Thursday, April 5, 2012

Stories of Resurrection


Pastors all over the world are working feverishly on their Easter sermons right now. When people preach about the resurrection they often share stories and illustrations of the resurrection. The resurrection is not a one-time event that happened in Jerusalem almost 2,000 years ago. The resurrection happens in our lives too.

This week I had the privilege of video taping the faith stories of Melanie Vosdingh and Dwight Zvorak. Each of them has encountered challenges, but with the help of their faith each has experienced resurrection. This Sunday in worship at Chain of Lakes I will be sharing edited video clips of their stories in worship.

It was a privilege to talk to Melanie and Dwight and listen to their stories. Neither of them were completely thrilled about going on camera and sharing. Both of them are private people. But both of them took a risk and let me capture their stories. I believe that their stories can help all of us experience resurrection.

I have not look forward to an Easter service so much for a long time. I encourage the community to join us in worship at 10:30 a.m. We start serving food at our FREE breakfast at 9:00 a.m. My daughter, Hannah, will be sharing her musical gifts in worship.

The above card shares our thoughts at Chain of Lakes. I’m guessing that all of us are hunting for more. I think we can find that through our faith. To get directions to our worship site go to www.colpres.org.

No comments: