Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Anniversary!

Fourteen years ago today I married Amy.  This was the best decision I've ever made.  We were married about 5:00 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church in Rochester on June 16, 2000.

The theme for our wedding was two journeys--one love.  The two of us had such distinct journeys when we met each other--and it was a complete "God thing" that we even met.  Many "events" had to happen for me to call a personal ad in the Rochester Post Bulletin in June 1998.  But I did, and she called back, and we met, and we fell in love, and we got married.

Amy gave me a kiss this morning and told me she was ready for another 14 years.  Doesn't that define marriage?  Though we've made a life-long covenant with each other, we also make a commitment each morning for another day.

I'm blessed to travel this journey with a terrific woman!

No comments: