Thursday, August 13, 2009

What a night!




I still have a smile on my face as I reflect on the fantastic time we had at Vacation Bible School last night. I think every person who came will say that something special happened. We had an excellent turnout of kids, 13; everything was very well-organized; and everyone enjoyed themselves. As I wrote on my Facebook page it was a night of fun and faith. Thanks to everyone who helped. We are gathering again for Vacation Bible School tonight at 6:00 p.m. at St. Joseph Catholic Church. If you live in the north Metro, come and join us tonight for the last night of Vacation Bible School.

Last night we encouraged everyone present to purchase a backpack with school supplies for kids who need them. I asked the kids how many backpacks with school supplies they thought we could collect. I suggested 20—they suggested many more. My daughter, Hannah, and I purchased a backpack when we first announced this ministry at the picnic at our house a couple weeks ago. After Vacation Bible School last night she pleaded with me to purchase another backpack. So after Vacation Bible School the two of us were the backpack section in Target. Our family is now providing two backpacks.
I do believe that our faith community can provide 20.

Last night at Vacation Bible School I received a brief vision for what children’s ministry at Chain of Lakes could be. I’m still sorting that out, but am excited about the possibilities.

No comments: