Tuesday, May 6, 2014

One way to deal with stress, anxiety, and fear

This past Sunday, May 4, I preached on how to live with stress, anxiety, and fear.  The sermon can be viewed here: http://vimeo.com/93991200.

I gave everyone an assignment to do on Tuesday.  I’m asking everyone to repeat the words from Paul at least ten times today.  The words are from his letter to the Philippians.  They are:

“The Lord is near.  Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 4:5b-9.

I printed the words out for everyone in worship and encouraged them to carry them with them on Tuesday.  I put the words in my pocket.  Every time I reach into my pocket today, I will say them.

We can’t control the anxieties that come to us; however we can respond to them in a variety of ways.  I believe that we can have experience personal experience because God is near.  We can turn over our worries to God.


Try this experiment today.  I think you’ll have a better day!

No comments: