Monday, December 10, 2018

Feeling Stressed? Take the Advent pledge


Andy Williams was right in that this is the most wonderful time of the year.  It's also the most stressful. Whether you call this the Advent season, the Christmas shopping season, dealing with family season or “root for the Vikings” season, this time period presents plenty of challenges.   

Statistics bear this out.  According to a survey by the American Psychological Association, 38 percent of people said their stress level increases during the holidays.  The Principal Financial Group, revealed that 53 percent of people feel financially stressed.  In my research for this blog I discovered that there is an active debate about how many pounds the average person gains between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Without going too deep into that I think we can agree that the potential for weight gain exists. 

Jesus didn’t come into the world so people grow in stress, financial debt, and weight.

In the sermon I shared yesterday at Chain of Lakes Church I encouraged people to take the Advent pledge.  Everyone present took the pledge.  Let me share this Advent pledge as one way to stay centered during this (wonderful) (stressful) time of year.  If you’d like to watch the entire sermon go to the Chain of Lakes Vimeo page at: https://vimeo.com/chainoflakes

Advent Pledge
I will live complaint-free for the rest of Advent
I will bear with people who push my buttons
I will not lose my cool in an aggressive or passive-aggressive way
I will always take the high road

Are you willing to take the pledge?
Share your thoughts in the comments section or on my Facebook page.

Would you take a moment to subscribe to this blog?  Put your email in the box on the right hand side of this blog.  You'll be asked a few questions to ensure you are really a human being.  You'll then receive an email whenever a blog is posted.




No comments: