Friday, May 14, 2010

Recovery Sunday at Chain of Lakes


This Sunday we are having our first Annual Recovery Sunday. We have partnered with local A.A. and Al-Anon groups to focus on the issue of Recovery in worship. We will have three different speakers share their stories, and I will speak about Recovery from a faith-based perspective.

I am hopeful that this will become an annual tradition at Chain of Lakes. Throughout my ministry I have encountered many families who have been devastated by addictions—especially addictions to alcohol.

This day originated on a visit I made to Val Owens. She first came to worship at Chain of Lakes at our Grand Opening service. Shortly afterwards I paid a visit to her at her home. During our visit she shared her story of how her husband and sons experienced recovery. She is quite open about what happened and how A.A. and Al-Anon made such a difference in her life.

During that visit she shared with me that if I ever wanted to do something around the issue of Recovery, she would help lead it. Val has taken the lead on our day that we will have this Sunday. She has shared information about Recovery Sunday with many of the A.A. groups in Anoka County.

If you live in the area and would like to hear some powerful stories and learn a bit more about Recovery, please come to worship this Sunday. We worship at the Lino Lakes Senior Center, 1189 Main Street in Lino Lakes. Worship begins at 10:30 a.m.

No comments: